[mythtv] Machine hangs on channel-switching with MythTV

dann frazier mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 09:57:17 -0700

Just for googling purposes:
  I have mythtv running on a VIA EPIA box.  It would reboot, or occasionally
hang, immediately upon starting mythtv.  I switched from the via82cxxx_audio
driver in linux 2.4.19 to the snd-via82xx driver in alsa 0.9.0rc5, and got
further, although i get a lot of errors from the audio driver.

  I set Deinterlace to 0, and got much further.  I now have video playback
working, but I too suffer from the channel changing crash bug.  I also have
no audio.  I'm using the pcm-oss compatability modules, and can play audio
otherwise using /dev/dsp.

  Feel free to include this w/ any bug reports to alsa.