[mythtv] QMYSQL3 load errors...another fix

Michael Klatsky mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 19 Nov 2002 11:51:54 -0500

All-

I just installed mythtv, and I was one of the "lucky" ones who couldn't get it
running due to the inability to load the mysql drivers.

I am using Mandrake 9.0, and have all the prerequisites installed (mysql-dev,
qt-dev, etc). I had everything correct as far as ld.so.conf is concerned.

But still- no luck. SI- I ran strace and found that the path that mythfrontend
was using was different than that which was actually there for the qtmysql
plugins/drivers. mythtv was looking at /usr/lib/qt3/sqldrivers- which did not
exeist. However, /usr/lib/qt3/plugins/sqldrivers DID exist. The quick fix was
to create a symlink from one to the other.

There are actually several ways to fix this- but this was the way I chose.

Aside from a few issues still lingering that I need to resolve, mythtv looks
to be best of breed for PVR type software on Linux!

Thanks!

Michael