[mythtv] Poll: System Requirements

eric nelson mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 17 Nov 2002 14:00:41 -0800 (PST)

Here's my setup which I just got working:

- P2 400MHz - 128MB RAM
- 9GB Seagate IDE 5400rpm
- AverTV Studio capture card
- SB Live!
- ATI Radeon 7500
- Mandrake 9 w/ default (ALSA) sound drivers
- mythtv 0.7 release

Setup Notes:

- I initially had major prolems with XMLTV, but using
the newer version(the one released last week) fixed
it, and everything installed w/o problems.

- At first audio was out of sync.  I muted 'line in'
from the mixer, and it works great.

Details:

- hdparm -tT /dev/hda values:
 Timing buffer-cache reads:   128 MB in  1.13 seconds
=113.27 MB/sec
 Timing buffered disk r-eads:  64 MB in  4.41 seconds
= 14.51 MB/sec

settings.txt:

Codec=rtjpeg
Height=240
Width=320
Quality=255
LumaFilter=0
ChromaFilter=0
AudioSampleRate=44100
DontCompressAudio=1
Deinterlace=0 (segfault occurs if this is set to 1)

everything else is the default setting.

I get some choppy video if i set the height and width
to 640x480 and a segfault if I set it to 800x600.
320x200 isn't the best, but it's fine until I get the
gatos ATI tv-out drivers working :).  I'm actually
surprised that myth performs as well as it does on
such a crappy system :).   Kudos Isaac!

-Eric