[mythtv] dual tv cards - modules.conf

Emil Friis mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 16 Nov 2002 12:47:36 -0800 (PST)

I don't think there is any way to modprobe bttv
multiple times. The first time it comes across a bttv
in modules.conf I think it will detect both cards. If
they both get autodetected properly that shouldn't be a
problem. Otherwise you might have to make some changes
in bttv-cards.c for the cardnumber your tuner gets
detected as.

I have gotten both my cards to work with xawtv even
though the Pinnacle cards reception seems a lot worse
than the AverMedia. I haven't been able to get btaudio
to work for either card yet (don't know if they support
it) so I enabled my onboard sound and have two
soundcards set up, and it seems like everything is
working except for when I try to use both cards in Myth.

When running mythfrontend I get the following:

Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video1 - Television
Probed: /dev/video1 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video1 - S-Video

This doesn't seem right, or is it? And then when I try
to use the Picture in Picture I end up not being able
to issue any keyboard commands to Myth. Are they being
directed to the PiP that I for some reason can't see?

Anyway it doesn't seem like anyone else is using two
cards - except for Isaac.

Let me know if you get any further - I'm pretty much
stuck, or if anyone has suggestions on how to
troubleshoot.

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, "Harondel J. Sibble" wrote:

> On Friday 15 November 2002 09:00 pm, you wrote:
>
> > 1) Try to swap the two cards around, this might make
> > them be recognized in a different order making your
> old
> > card video0
> That was the first thing I did after sending the email
> to the list.  As
> expected that was sorted out.  I had put the new card
> in a higher priority
> pci slot... DOH!
>
> > If you are trying to get your new card to work and
you
> > don't need any exotic bttv arguments, you can
specify
> > the card, radio and pll arguments as comma seperated
> > values (ie card=13,11).
>
> Well, ideally I'd like to have separate config
> statements for each card in
> modules.conf so I could tune them appropriatley.
One's