[mythtv] Re: mythtv-dev digest, Vol 1 #172 - 12 msgs

swan-1 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 15:41:12 -0800 (PST)

> http://www.suse.de/us/private/products/suse_linux/i386/packages_professional/p
> erl-libwww-perl.html
>
> Seems a RPM of it for suse 8.1 does exist.
>
> Isaac

One would think that, but I sure can't find the rpm file.  It
doesn't seem to exist in the archive.  Maybe it is kept offline
and only distributed on CD2.  Since I'm still trying to see if
this will work, I've not shelled out the $80 for the free OS
disks.

Anyway, reinstalling SuSE 8.1 and selecting anything that
even remotely looks like perl or www gets me a bit farther
LWP now seems to work.  Tk::TableMatrix fails though, seems
it *can't* use the latest version of Perl, sigh.  Maybe I
can install the older version and things will pick the
right version as needed.  Another late night tonight ;)  BTW,
I’m keeping notes, so others can follow in my SuSE foot
steps if they want.

Greg