[mythtv] Re: Remote controls again (Off Topic slightly)

Martyn Weber mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 09:31:43 -0000

Scott,
I'd be interested in looking at what you have as it might give me some
ideas, but unfortunately the STB I have doesn't have a serial port :(

There is a IR blaster port though, I wonder if pace would release info
about that?

Thanks

Martyn

-----Original Message-----
From: mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net [mailto:mythtv-dev-admin@snowman.net]
On Behalf Of Scott Favelle
Sent: 15 November 2002 00:56
To: mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Subject: RE: [mythtv] Re: Remote controls again (Off Topic slightly)

Basically the micro sent whatever it recieved from the IR reciever down
the RS232 port as to the STB. It was then just a matter of running
through the remote buttons and recording their values.

The stuff is at work, I'm not back there till monday. Will send it then.

btw. the guy who designed the hack, has left now but I'll give you what
help I can.

Cheers... Scott

From: "Martyn Weber" <mythtv@blacksun.uk.com>
Scott,

I'll bite your hand off, I'm that eager! I thought I would end up having
to build something like that but was wondering how to workout what to
send. I guess you had to build the device so that it could record from
the remote, store it and then play it back on command?

Anything you can give me I would appreciate.

Thanks

Martyn