[mythtv] MythEPG Suggestion

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 03:27:06 -0500

On Wednesday 13 November 2002 11:18 am, tarek Lubani wrote:
> Hey guys!
>
> Not terribly sure how easy such a thing would be, but I was thinking about
> the best EPG that I've ever seen, and almost certainly, it had to be one
> with about the following configuration:
>
> Screen Split into 1/4 / 3/4
>
> 1) Top 1/4:
> a) little video of what is currently tuned in on left hand side
> b) text description on the right hand side
>
> 2) Bottom 3/4:
> regular ep. guide

Heh -- I rather like the current "pack as much information in as possible
while still being visible from far away" grid, though..  The cable box's
guide that helped prompt development of all this only shows 7 or 8 channels
for a single half hour time period -- useless, really.  Stuff like a preview
video playing of the channel's really only good if you're browsing what's
currently on, anyway.

Isaac