[mythtv] Feature Request: Search function for programs

Shawn Pearce mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 13:05:00 -0500

"Allen T. Gilliland IV" <alleng4@yahoo.com> wrote:
> That is why directv and digital cable just have
> browsable menu's ... not searches.

I also want to point out that i like searching for
a show, better than browsing for it, when trying to
program to record it.  For example, I know I want
to record "Friends" or "Stargate SG-1", I just don't
always know when its on.

Finally, by searching for it by title, we can
automatically schedule recordings for programs when
they change their timeslot in the program guide, etc,
or we don't always know when they are on.  For example,
I didn't know SciFi shows the 5 Stargate SG-1 episodes
shown on Monday night also at like 3 am every week day.
But my ReplayTV did.

--
Shawn.