[mythtv] Help to make MythTV 'ebuild' for Gentoo Linux

Javier Marcet mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 11 Nov 2002 13:50:39 +0100

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

* Robert Kulagowski <rkulagowski@thrupoint.net> [021111 01:11]:
=20
>Not sure if Gentoo does the same thing as Mandrake 9.0, but check if
>you have files in /usr/lib/qt3/plugins

>If they're there, then that means that you forgot to set a QTDIR to
>/usr/lib/qt3, which is why the MYSQL plugins aren't being found (even
>though they exist)

>This is addressed in the README.mandrake9.0.txt file for Mandrake
>(section 3), so if Gentoo does something different / has a different
>place for its files then please let me know and I can include it in
>the next version of the Howto that I'm putting together.

I have QT compiled with mysql support, and I do have the QT sql plugin,
it resides on /usr/qt/3/plugins/sqldrivers/libqsqlmysql.so
QTDIR is set to /usr/qt/3
Those are default Gentoo paths. I am using qt-copy from KDE cvs, if
that's of any importance.
Other than that, if I finish the ebuild completely, there should be no
need for any addition in the HowTo, since the ebuild should do whatever
is needed to get a working setup.

I'll see in a few minutes why MythTV does not find the sql plugin.
I know what to look for now :)

--=20
Javier Marcet <jmarcet@pobox.com>

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb