[mythtv] Still having problems with 'mythtv' -- No Video

Jeremy Oddo mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 10 Nov 2002 10:34:38 -0800 (PST)

I'm still having problems with 'mythtv' (the other MythTV components seem
to be running just fine).  I can run 'xawtv' without problems.  Here's a
little debugging info:

# gdb /var/src/try2/mythtv-0.7/programs/mythtv/mythtv
GNU gdb Red Hat Linux (5.2.1-4)
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux"...
(gdb) run
Starting program: /var/src/try2/mythtv-0.7/programs/mythtv/mythtv
[New Thread 8192 (LWP 1300)]
Probed: /dev/video0 - Television
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite1
Probed: /dev/video0 - S-Video
Probed: /dev/video0 - Composite3
[New Thread 16385 (LWP 1308)]
[New Thread 8194 (LWP 1309)]
[New Thread 16387 (LWP 1310)]
Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
[New Thread 24580 (LWP 1314)]
[New Thread 32773 (LWP 1315)]
[New Thread 40966 (LWP 1316)]
[New Thread 49159 (LWP 1317)]
VIDIOCSYNC0: Interrupted system call

Then the thing just hangs.  It doesn't do anything after this point.  And
yes, I know that I'm running 'mythtv' from
'/var/src/try2/mythtv-0.7/programs/mythtv/'.  I recompiled a version with
backtrace support.  It does the same thing if I call mythtv from
/usr/local/bin.

Any ideas?

Jeremy