[mythtv] epg appearing behind video overlay?

Shawn Rutledge mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 15:29:33 -0700

On Fri, Nov 08, 2002 at 05:15:46PM -0500, Shawn Pearce wrote:
> What I want to do is throw the EPG into a different GUI entirely than
> the playback engine.  My current setup on Windows has it this way.
> A little Pentium 166 MMX has a GUI on it that I hacked up in Tcl/Tk
> quickly, and it speaks to my main WinXP system over the LAN.  The
> WinXP system only plays DVDs or runs DScaler (deinterlacer), but
> never shows menus or program guides, etc...  This allows me to view
> the program guide without powering up my big Barco projector and
> letting it perform a full warmup.  It also prevents me from trying to
> read an 8' wide program guide.  :-)

Right I'm using a projector too, but I'd probably just use the web-based
program guide most of the time.  We'll see.  That's one advantage of using
a web client instead of a remote - you can do a lot more than just simple
play/pause/skip buttons.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org