[mythtv] Bug: Changing channels using the "m" command doesn't work when the channel numbers are >150 apart

Andrew Dodd mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:52:37 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 8 Nov 2002, A Gill wrote:

> Are you sure your tuner can handle 250 channels?
> Don't standard tuners only go up to about 125 channels
> or so?
I'm not sure if any analog tuner can go above 125 channels - Even with
cable TV frequency tables, I don't think anything much higher is defined.
I've definately never seen anything over 200 on an analog system -
Anything higher than 200 is a digital channel, which means that the tuning
has to be done externally (Digital cable box or satellite box).

> I am pretty sure my WinTV 401 can only do 125
> channels.
I know all Hauppauge analog TV boards max at 125, even the highest-end
ones.

I think the thing to try would be to:

a)  Jump from 2 to 120ish or so - I bet it will work despite long spacing.
b)  Jump from 125 (if it works) to 130 - I have a feeling that unless
you're using an external tuner and some sort of IR control of a digital
cable box or sat receiver, it won't work.