[mythtv] TV-Out on a big screen TV

Shawn Rutledge mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 17:50:25 -0700

On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 07:11:26PM -0500, Jason Ford wrote:
> Is anyone else watching MythTV on an HDTV display?

I will be using a CRT projector, which takes RGB input directly.  (And
doesn't take up half the floorspace!)  But these days I'd think a DLP
projector would be best; I just got a cheap deal several years ago on
this one and it works well enough.  I have used Xawtv with it for a
while, and have a DVD player with RGB outputs too.  The convergence drifts
a lot though, and that is much worse than signal degradation due to
passing through an NTSC encoding.

It's unfortunate that they picked a different standard for TV-type
component video, although I'm beginning to understand it has something to
do with better noise immunity.

> P.S. I think it'd be cool to have a page on mythtv.org devoted to user
> setups, so we can show off our MythTV (boxes | boxen).

That sounds fun.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org