[mythtv] TV-Out on a big screen TV

Jason Ford mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 06 Nov 2002 19:11:26 -0500

--=-4J0YQFhRqNVRAUvnUT+j

> TV Out quality sucks.  Get a breakout box that converts VGA -> component=20
> video and you will have much better picture.

So, if I'm going to be outputting the signal to an HDTV display, I'll
need a transcoder to convert the signal from VGA to component video for
optimal results.

PC -> video card -> transcoder -> HDTV =3D)

However, some video cards will do the job of getting the signal to the
transcoder better, right?  A card with more memory will be capable of
transmitting a signal at a higher resolution to the transcoder.

I'm not sure how the requirements for MythTV translate into recommended
specifications for the various components.  Do I need a beefy video
card? Is a GeForce2 MX 400 suitable?

Is anyone else watching MythTV on an HDTV display?

Thanks,
Jason

P.S. I think it'd be cool to have a page on mythtv.org devoted to user
setups, so we can show off our MythTV (boxes | boxen).

--=-4J0YQFhRqNVRAUvnUT+j

--=-4J0YQFhRqNVRAUvnUT+j--