[mythtv] (newbie) my experience so far...

Shawn Rutledge mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Wed, 6 Nov 2002 01:39:06 -0700

I got through the installation of 0.6 up to the point of running mythtv.
It says "Couldn't find Xv support, exiting."  However my XFree86.0.log
contains

(II) Loading extension XVideo
(II) Loading extension XVideo-MotionCompensation

and I'd think that's what it's wanting?

xawtv works too.

A second question (less important): how do you change mysql permission
so another user can read the database?  I installed myth as root but
want to run as another user.

I'm running Debian, mostly updated to sid, on a dual Celeron 366 system.

I had a hard time building lame on this machine; I think maybe the
latest bash is broken, based on the build errors I was getting.  Shell
scripts which take options and extract them in a case statement aren't
parsing them properly.  So I built a debian package of lame on another
machine and installed that.

Anybody using gcc 3.2 yet?  It might result in some optimizations.

--
  _______                   Shawn T. Rutledge / KB7PWD  ecloud@bigfoot.com
 (_  | |_)                       http://ecloud.org  kb7pwd@kb7pwd.ampr.org