[mythtv] Various Problems using MythTV

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 15:49:01 -0500

On Tue, Nov 05, 2002 at 02:52:32PM -0500, John wrote:

> slice end not reached but screenspace end (8292468 left741331)
> concealing errors
> Changing from WatchPreRecorded to None
> Segmentation fault
> [...]
> MYTH CVS from October 15, however I have tried release .5 and .6

If you are going to run pre-release CVS stuff, you should get the latest
available.  The crash above sounds a bit like a bug which has been fixed in
recent CVS.

> Kernel 2.4.18
> bttv 0.7.100
> alsa 0.9.0rc5
> XFree 4.2.1

Did you install these from source, or are you backporting the Debian
packages from testing/unstable?

MythTV should definitely not be able to crash your machine; you are likely
running into a problem either with X or your kernel.

--
 - mdz