[mythtv] SB Live

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 1 Nov 2002 15:53:28 -0500

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 04:03:06PM -0700, Nathan Lee wrote:

> Has anyone ever used this card with mythtv?
> I am having real problems with it, ive used the drivers built into the
> kernel, And the opensource creative drivers.
> If I use snd-emu10k1 it works fine, except for mythtv doesn't make any
> sound. If I use emu101k1 I can hear tv, but nothing else, and pause
> doesn't pause the audio. With the creative driver it doesn't work at
> all, but I get this error when I load alsa.

It works perfectly for me, using ALSA's OSS emulation.

> Error: Bad input in route name: Pcm Rear
> Error: Bad route specified
> Error: Bad input in route name: Pcm ctr/sub
> Error: Bad route specified
> Error: Bad Output in route name: Headphones
> Error: Bad route specified
> Error: Bad line name
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r9/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o:
> post-install emu10k1 failed
> /lib/modules/2.4.19-gentoo-r9/kernel/drivers/sound/emu10k1/emu10k1.o:
> insmod emu10k1 failed

Is this all of the output?  Please send the entire transcript of the module
load, including the command line that you used.  This looks like the
post-install command failing (whatever you or your distribution have it set
to), and not the module load, but "insmod emu10k1 failed" may indicate some
error that you omitted.

--
 - mdz