[mythtv] Speed of mythepg?

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 01 Nov 2002 09:44:07 +0100

 >...It'd be a little bit of work, but if anyone wants to submit a patch to
do it
 > before I get to doing it, that'd be welcome.

OK, I started modifying. Changes should be finished this weekend or just after.

Original uses 180 queries for a normal initial EPG screen, and if no
program is present (I only download 18:00 to 04:00 programming due to a
very slow connection) it generates 1080 (!!!) SQL-requests for the initial
page.

My version only uses 6 request for a screen, whatever the number of
programs (no program gives same performance).

I am looking into some internal duplication issues next to improve
performance even more, not sure though if it is worth the effort on a fast
machine as used for a PVR, need some more testing.

Erik