[mythtv] likin it so far

mythtv-dev@snowman.net mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 21:13:31 -0500 (CDT)

just found out about myth tv today, and had a bear of a time installing
it.   most of the problems were bad configs on my end though :)  I do have
one suggestion for the docs (or a compile time config options or
something).  My mysql server is on a different box.  It took me a few
hours to figure out that the mysql host was hardcoded in some of the .cpp
files :)

also, just an fyi, mythtv wont compile with qt3-cvs. spent a bit of time
on that one also.  also, not sure where exaclty the problem is, but xmltv
doesnt work with perl 5.8.0.

I know, I know, if I use the latest and greatest, dont expect everything
to work. The above are not meant to be anything negative about mythtv,
just fyi's for a faq or something.

now on to the good stuff.  Im really liking it so far.  partly because its
the only pvr i can actually get to work, but mostly because its pretty
dang slick.

One question:  say i have a program scheduled to record from 8pm to 9pm.
what time will mythtv stop the recording process?  the reason I ask is
because its now 5 min. passed when the show is over and its still going.

thanks for the great work so far,

David

--
"I find your lack of faith disturbing."