[mythtv] Some hardware questions

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:34:15 -0400

On Sunday 14 July 2002 07:54 pm, Chris Kleeschulte wrote:
> I am putting together a new myth tv box...can you advise me on some
> hardware?
<snip>
> question is:  Should I spring for DDR ram? Will it be needed versus the
> PC100? Will the geforce2 MX be sufficient? It will handle the Xv extension
> with nvidia's binary driver. Any suggestions for hardware beyond this?

I don't know 'bout the RAM -- if you're buying it new, I'd go ahead and get
DDR.  Looks to be $10 more expensive than a stick of PC100, at least on
newegg.com.  If you've got the PC100 already, might as well give it a try.  I
don't see it making much of a difference, really..

The gf2mx will work just dandy.  I was using one (without a tv-out) before I
got the gf4.

Isaac