[mythtv] hardware questions

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
31 Dec 2002 10:39:05 -0600

I've decided to give up on getting my WinTV GO to have good sound
quality, so now I'm looking at buying other hardware.

It seems that a lot of people are using the Matrox G200-TV. Has Anyone
had any luck getting btaudio to work with it? Has anyone tested the
S/PDIF output? This seems like the perfect card for Myth (hardware
MJPEG, cheap, stereo, etc). Are there any reasons to go with something
else that I'm overlooking? What drawbacks are there to using MJPEG
(quality, file size, ????)

I'm also considering getting a nice soundcard with S/PDIF in/out, since
this machine will be my main DVD player. Has anyone had success using
soundcard under Linux which can handle digital audio connections, for
example, SB Audigy? Any recommendations on known working solutions would
be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I'm not finding a whole lot of
info on this by googling.

Thanks much for any help,
--j