[mythtv] mythfilldatabase error????

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 09:20:58 -0500

On Tue, Dec 31, 2002 at 07:41:04AM -0600, John Joseph Roets wrote:

> Though I'm more attuned to PostgreSQL, and thus not a MySQL expert, At
> first look, I'd say that the semi-colons need to be escaped.  It looks
> like MqSQL is picky about this, even within comments, stating:
>
> "A semicolon is taken to indicate the end of the current SQL statement
> and anything following it to indicate the beginning of the next
> statement. "
>
> I couldn't find any documentation at all about semi-colons within
> strings being 'special characters' however, and this might make me
> wrong.

A semicolon should be fine inside quotes.  The problem is more likely to be
a duplicate record in the table or such, though that particular case doesn't
seem to print the exact error, unfortunately.  To the original poster: add
a statement to filldata.cpp to print the database error as is done in other
places in the code to see what is going on.

--
 - mdz