[mythtv] Unable to change channels

Matthew Burnham mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:06:39 -0000

Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Monday 30 December 2002 12:32 pm, Matthew Burnham wrote:
> > player: Can't open audio device: /dev/dsp
> > open audio:: Device or resource busy
>
> I guess I really need to make error messages more obvious.
> Everyone seems to
> ignore them for some reason.  Fix your audio, and things will work.

Sorry, didn't even notice the audio was in there, that's probably cus I
forgot to manually "modprobe cs4232" before taking the log (its not
worked properly since I removed alsa). The problem I was having was with
the changing of channels, that shouldn't be affected by audio not
working, should it? I get the same behaviour even with audio working,
IIRC.

Michael Kedl wrote:
> Do you have "Correct" full duplex sound working?
> The same thing happened to me until I switch to ALSA.

Hmmm, okay, so you couldn't change channels? Sounds like I'll have to
have another go at getting sound working then... I could try alsa again,
but I think all the audio error messages dissapeared when I loaded the
cs4232 module manually.

Reason I've not fixed the sound yet is that I think the TV audio cable
got plugged into the wrong socket on the motherboard so its not properly
fixable until I take the case off. But if that's really necessary, I
suppose I better go do it :( Just a little confused now, and wish I'd
noticed the sound error before. I'm surprised the sounds a problem with
switching channels being as it works up to that point without any
bother.

--
Mat