[mythtv] Lost Config

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:09:10 -0500

On Sun, Dec 29, 2002 at 08:47:01PM -0600, Brent Norris wrote:

> Despite having set my ringbuf.nuv file to my home directory with friday's
> CVS, mythbackend was trying to write to /ringbuf1.nuv in the root of my
> system.  I thought maybe it had got changed when I reinstalled so I went
> to change it back in the GUI config and the config option for that setting
> is gone, or at least I can't find it.  It isn't set to this in any of my
> settings.txt files so I am not sure where this is coming from, but I
> didn't think that it was a expected thing.  Is it?

That setting has moved to the setup program, as it is a backend setting.
Its name and semantics have also changed, which is why your setting was
lost.  Run setup to reset it.

Note: you may (and should, to avoid confusion) remove settings.txt and
theme.txt, and transfer your settings to the database.  All of the settings
in those files can now be configured through the setup program and the
frontend "Setup" menu.

--
 - mdz