[mythtv] Possible bug from "setup" using tv_grab_uk

Matthew Burnham mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 21:51:13 -0000

> > There are no other messages sent to the console when giving
> focus to
> > the drop down box with the five tv_grab_xx's in, or when
> going on to
> > the next page.
> So you focused the combo box, used the left/right arrows to
> select tv_grab_uk, and pressed enter?

That's what *I* did, resulting in same behaviour...

> > > For any other grabbers which have equivalents to --list-providers
> > > and --list-channels, it is possible to make a GUI configuration.
> > > For anything else, the user must run tv_grab_XX --configure
> > > manually.  Note that the UI does not do this for you.
> >
> > Another case of the CVS version not making the instructions
> clear ;-)
> > However if this is the case, then there is still a problem
> in the GUI
> > - because it runs the tv_grab_na rather than give
> instructions to run
> > tv_grab_xx manually.
> >
> > I'll spend some time looking at running tv_grab_uk manually
> to see if
> > this CVS version plays nicely with the rest of mythtv.
>
> Actually, I've looked at it again, and I believe I preserved
> that correctly, and it _will_ run --configure for the other
> grabbers.  The logic looks like
> this:
>
>         if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_na")
>           // Set up through the GUI
>           continue;
>
>         cout << "mythsetup will now run " << xmltv_grabber
>              << " --configure\n\n";
>         sleep(1);
>
>         QString command;
>
>         if (xmltv_grabber == "tv_grab_de")
>             command = xmltv_grabber + " --configure";
>         else
>             command = xmltv_grabber + " --configure
> --config-file " + filename;
>
> So, it would be very curious if it actually ended up running
> tv_grab_na. Can you show me exactly what is in your videosource table?
>
> SELECT * FROM videosource;

Yep, this works as expected, well, it did in at least some of my tests.
The log I've just posted to the list, doesn't show this as it seemed to
hang at that point. The problem is that before it gets to run
"tv_grab_uk --configure" it runs the tv_grab_na stuff :(

--
Mat Burnham