[mythtv] Start using Mythtv/cvs

Lego Andy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:22:58 -0500

On Sat, 28 Dec 2002 12:11:26 -0500
Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:

> I really don't care about this, so someone else would have to fix
> things.  I'm _not_ changing to a different build tool, though.

I will look into that. Maybe I will submit patch. I really like out of
source build.

> 'hardcoded' would imply they're fixed in the code.  They're not, they're
> default settings which you as the user are expected to change.

Ok, but in the instructions it does not say that you have to change
this. The fact that mythbackend segfaults with no word about missing
directories is a frustrating thing. Maybe setup should ask these kind
of things?

> 'mythvideo' in CVS takes care of that.

I am playing with it as we speak. So far it does not seem to see any
of my movies. Probably doing something wrong.

Thanks.

			Andy