[mythtv] Mythtv crash with "incorrect codes" Again

Ray mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 14:10:09 -0700

On Thu, Dec 26, 2002 at 03:54:12PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Thursday 26 December 2002 03:19 pm, Ray wrote:
> >
> > Some things I'm planning to try:
> >
> > 3.  Look at the code for mjpeg spport in avilib, maybe I can make avilib
> > handle the problem frame(s) better.
>
> This would probably be the best thing to do.

As a test I commented out the "exit(1)" line from the relivent part of
common.c in avilib:

                    if (table[j][1] /*bits*/ != 0) {
                        fprintf(stderr, "incorrect codes\n");
//                      exit(1);
                    }

I have no idea just yet what error it's testing for or what the side effects
might be but for the moment it seems to cruise right past the error in the
recorded file with no problems.

Isaac, when you added support for the hardware mjpeg stuff did you modify
mjpeg.c or are you just stripping out the nupplevideo related stuff before
it gets that far (I'm assuming the former).  Also have you or anyone else
that you know of submitted the patches back to the avilib people?

--
Ray