[mythtv] Compression settings suggestions

Michael Peay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 15:05:09 -0800

I'm happily running MythTV on a dedicated Athlon XP 1800+ Red Hat 8
system with a AVerTV Stereo first with the stable 0.7 release but as of
last night I'm using a tarball from Tuesday.

Now, I'm on optimizing. This raises two questions:

How do I adjust video settings (brightness, contrast, etc)? Do the
settings in xawtv carry over or is there another util to use.

The other one is compression settings. What is everybody using? I've
done both 640x480 in rtjpeg and mpeg4 but am interested in getting the
best quality possible in the 1G/hour area for recorded video. LiveTV
can be maximum. What say you?

Thanks,
   --Mike