[mythtv] MythTV - No Picture

Bryce C mythtv-dev@snowman.net
26 Dec 2002 02:09:58 -0700

--=-Qpl2vCLr+dr79z0bu6Nc

Whenever i start mythtv or go to watch tv in mytvfrontend, I hear the
audio but no picture comes up and I don't have any control.  I have to
^C the process which doesn't close the tuner so I have to then use xawtv
to close it properly.  Can someone here please help my?  I'm really
looking forward to this but this is the last thing holding me back.  The
sound chip uses the i810 module, the video is a Diamond Viper V550 PCI,
and it's all on the ECS K7S5A w/Athlon XP 2000+.  Messages below:

Changing from None to WatchingLiveTV
Cannot open DSP '/dev/sound/dsp', dying.
Could not detect audio blocksize
Cannot open DSP '/dev/sound/dsp', exiting
--=20
Bryce C <Plug@BryceCo.Net>
CoBryce Communications

--=-Qpl2vCLr+dr79z0bu6Nc