[mythtv] Re: SB Live

Johann Klemmack mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Thu, 26 Dec 2002 00:24:01 -0800

I have a solution for my SB Live! Audigy bad sound issue.  After reinstalling
Redhat 8.0 and restarting MythTV install from scratch (cudos to my shiney new
80GB Seagate Barracuda ATA IV) I .... didn't install Alsa.  Leaving things as
they were, KMix now reports my sound device as Audigy -EMU10k1, not some
Tridengy (I don't remember anymore) chipset.  Seems to work great.  My advice
to those installing is to try the OSS drivers by Redhat first.  Only flip to
Alsa if things don't fly right.  It probably worked the once b/c I hadn't
rebooted yet so the Alsa drivers weren't in force.

Gosh I love this program!