[mythtv] Window Managers

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 15:08:44 -0500 (EST)

Just a question, but is a window manager necessary, for a dedicated
myth-box that is?

I'm currently using ctwm.  I have to use the -geometry parameter if I want
windows to place themselves on the desktop, otherwise I have to place them
on there with the mouse.  I was trying to figure out a way around that
when I launch "Watch TV".  Then I wondered if I even needed a WM.

Without the WM, I was able to launch mythbackend, and mythfrontend via
.Xclient upon startx.  WatchTV even came up in full screen.  The only
problem is that it didn't respond to the keyboard, or remote.  I'm
wondering if that's a focus thing.

But before I went farther into this, I figured I'd throw the question out
there.

-Rob

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me