[mythtv] Recorded show file format (FAQ)

Lego Andy mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:35:42 -0500

Hi Isaac,

On Tue, 24 Dec 2002 10:25:47 -0500
Isaac Richards <ijr@po.cwru.edu> wrote:
> You _could_ just read the mailing list archive, but I suppose that'd be
> too much to ask.

I do agree, reading mailing list archives is a good thing. I guess my
email was more complain about faq not working. Sorry if that sounded
wrong.

> No, there shouldn't be anything in the UI that makes things external to
> mythtv.

Huh, why not if I may ask? Mythmusic can rip cd-s and put them on the
disk. Why wouldn't mythtv after it rips tv put files in some familiar
format on the disk? Also, then the interface for playing pre-recorded
shows could play any videos just like mythmusic does. For example, I
have video camera, I should be able to transfer video in digital form
via firewire to computer and then watch it on tv? I guess this is
importing of video, which I haven't seen in mythtv either.

Thank you, happy holidays.

				Andy