[mythtv] Idea?

Calvin Harrigan mythtv-dev@snowman.net
23 Dec 2002 14:43:01 -0500

Hi all,  Having been tied up at work lately I haven't been able to delve
into the source anywhere near as much as I would have liked, but...

Once in awhile myth would crash/hang, not often by any means but
sometimes it would just sit there not doing anything.

Anyways that's not the point I'm getting at.

What do you guys think of adding a watchdog to mythtv?  You know add a
bit of code to mythtv that touches a file ever so often so that it can
be monitored by a second program and if mythtv does not touch the file
in say 15-30 seconds (maybe more...) the second program automatically
kills the currently running mythtv instance and restarts it.  This
touched file can even contain the PIDs being used by myth to make for an
easy kill.

Please any feedback...

Calvin...