[mythtv] Re: Feature request PIP with gatos (Was: Compression and Gatos support)

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 11:50:23 -0500

On Mon, Dec 23, 2002 at 11:08:06AM -0500, Lego Andy wrote:

> Ok, then consider this a feature request:
>
> AIW could be used when doing PIP for the non-interactive video. When I
> say non-interactive, I mean the one you cannot pause etc. I mean yes,
> mythtv is DVR or PVR, but it is also a nice program for watching TV
> with TV-guide etc. So, having a notion of preview only video cards
> would be a good thing.

No, it could not.  Reread my previous messages on this subject.  If you are
playing back recorded video using the Xvideo extension (as MythTV does), you
cannot get video from the AIW card at the same time.

> Sorry for my ignorance, but isn't aiw overlay only placing a window
> with some purple color background somewhere and tell aiw where it is?

It's not quite as simple as that; this is a subject for the gatos list (and
this has been discussed in the archives of that list as well).

--
 - mdz