[mythtv] SBLive

Robert Dege mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Mon, 23 Dec 2002 02:24:52 -0500 (EST)

> 1) Try alsamixergui instead of the generic non-gui interfaces.. It helps
> one gain "perspective" as it were..

I'm using gnome-alsamixer.  Although, I'm sure any gui interface is good
right now :)

> 1.5) What *exactly* is your problem? is there an "echo" or something? is
> the sound latent/early/etc? Make sure you flip through Rob's excellent
> Myth FAQ/documentation..

My problem is that I'm getting no audio whatsoever when I try to
watch livetv.  I can't test a record, or playback session right now cause
xmltv is not retrieving channel information & I can't mythfilldatabase.

> 2) here's my modules.conf, though I don't know how helpful it'll be.. it's
> pretty much exactly as taken from the website..

I also noticed that the Alsa modules work with /dev/mixer, /dev/dsp, and
/dev/audio.  Should I be using 1 of these devices for input, and the other
device for output?  I've been using /dev/dsp for both as of now.

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me