[mythtv] help?

John S Flowers mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 22 Dec 2002 01:29:50 -0600

See comments inline:

On Sunday, December 22, 2002, at 01:17  AM, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> On Sat, Dec 21, 2002 at 11:29:26PM -0600, John S Flowers wrote:
>
>> I also provide a kernel configuration file and a small patch to
>> ati_remote
>> to get it to work with MythTV.
>
> There is no need to modify the kernel driver just to remap keys.  Here
> are
> some examples from my ~/.Xmodmap that I use with mythtv (I have the
> same
> remote):
>
> keycode 110 = p
> keycode 176 = Escape
> keycode 108 = space

Excellent, I'll update my Documentation. Very cool.

> By the way, on your page, you state:
>
>> The standard Linux kernel will not display an incoming television
>> signal.
>> You need bttv, tuner and some other files.
>
> Video4Linux has been a part of the standard Linux kernel for a long
> time.
> The -kraxel patch that you mention is, I believe, the v4l2 patch,
> which is
> not necessary for any of the hardware or software that I see in your
> documentation.

This has not been my experience with 2.4.20. I'll see if MythTV works
with this kernel without the v4l2 patches. Thanks for the advice.

>> Come to think of it, my name isn't even listed on the freeplayTV
>> sight.
>> So it's not like I'm standing in the limelight or hogging any of the
>> credit here.
>
> FWIW, it is at the bottom of http://www.freeplaytv.org/

You might want to check your page cache. I updated the site earlier
today (before the original message was posted) and it only points to
ScruffyThinker & MythTV.

Either way, I really am not trying to get a lot of personal attention,
just trying help people out. I hope the site and my own posts have made
that point clear.