[mythtv] alsa modules.conf for sblive

Cedar McKay mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 21 Dec 2002 10:38:02 -0800

Robert Dege wrote:

>Here ya go:
>
># ALSA portion
>alias char-major-116 snd
>alias snd-card-0 snd-emu10k1
>
># OSS/Free portion
>alias char-major-14 soundcore
>alias sound-slot-0 snd-card-0
>
># card #1
>alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
>alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
>alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
>alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
>alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
>
>This should be verbatim from the alsa-project page.
>
>-Rob
>

>>Can one of the folks who's upgraded to alsa 0.9.0rc6 and is using an sblive
>>send me your etc/modules.conf please. I was going to setup my 2.4.20 kernel
>>with alsa (installed already) and then I noticed as Cedar has said, the alsa
>>site is still down, so I can't get to the soundcard matrix to find out what
>>modules to load in what order.

for folks trying to find out their driver name for their soundcard you
can go to this google cached page.
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:1fG936XzbLkC:www.alsa-project.org/alsa-doc/+alsa-project+nforce&hl=en&ie=UTF-8
Then just hover over the link to your soundcard. The name of your driver
is embedded in the (non-working) url. Worked for me anyway.

Cedar