[mythtv] performance

Michael Kedl mythtv-dev@snowman.net
18 Dec 2002 15:34:08 -0500

I have RH8, ATI Radeon 7500 (laptop).

I found that the reason the guide doesn't show over video is that the
video overlay can only draw one rectangle (on this setup anyway).

The fix that works for me was to increase the height of the window for
the tv guide by 100 so it doesn't have to display video there.  If you
only increase the height of the box then the rendered epg still looks
exactly the same and the video is hidden.

I changed guidegrid.cpp around line 34 to something like:
    setGeometry(0, 0, screenwidth, screenheight+100);
    setFixedSize(QSize(screenwidth, screenheight+100));

Good Luck,
Mike