[mythtv] Possible Feature? Manual recording

Erik Arendse mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 11:37:25 +0100

At 13-12-02 09:02, "Henk Poley" <hpoley@dds.nl> wrote:
> > Van: Kristof Pelckmans <Kristof.Pelckmans@antwerpen.be>
> > However, using MythTV presently poses one big problem : I live in
> > Belgium : unfortunately xml-tv does not support Belgian program guides
> > (looking at the possibility of adding the support myself). So in the
> > beginning, it would be great to have a feature that enables you to
> > 'manually' record a show ! Would I have trouble setting up the database
> > when not using xml-tv, or would I just tell to grab UK program guides and
> > not use them ?
>
>Erik Arendse (also found on this list) has made a grabber/scraper for
>http://www.tvgids.nl/ . He has some more information about running MythTV
>outside the US/UK.
That's me :-)

My script is reading belgium channels from the tvgids (TV1, Ketnet/Canvas,
TV5, VTM, RTBF1, RTBF2, AT5, VT4, Kanaal 2, not sure if all are Belgium but
you get the idea) and can be used with MythTV. For channel setup you need
some patches for MythTV, I think they are only in CVS and not in a released
version yet.

If you are interested you can email me directly, script is perl, is a work
in progress and grabs 15MB for a single week. No use if you only have an
analog modem or ISDN.

>btw, adding a 'normal' timer-function would be nice anyways. There's not
>really anything against it. You might gain some users...
On my top-3 wish list, as soon as I have MythTV hardware working again
(been without last few weeks, so no progress...)

Erik