[mythtv] "Strange Error Flushing Buffer" problem

Isaac Richards mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 00:21:59 -0500

On Tuesday 17 December 2002 12:18 am, Richard Bowman wrote:
> I'm using a ATI TV Wonder VE I just got because I read it worked well.
> You think the VIDIOCSYNC problem is occuring because of my tuner card?
> One thing I've noticed is if I don't have my mixer settings set right
> (setting capture and line in volume in alsamixer) and I turn them up
> while 'mythtv' is running, this VIDIOSYNC message starts appearing
> immediately afterwards. But if I have all the mixer settings right
> before starting 'mythtv', it works for a while, I am able to change
> channels, but without fail the mentioned lines start exploding onto the
> console after about 15-20 seconds.

Well, the error's a result of talking to the tuner card driver, so, yeah, it
has to be a problem with the driver.  You wouldn't happen to have any weird
patches applied to your kernel source, would you?

Isaac