[mythtv] RedHat 8.0 and hardware questions.

m0j0.j0j0 mythtv-dev@snowman.net
16 Dec 2002 14:09:13 -0600

On Mon, 2002-12-16 at 11:38, misleb@onshore.com wrote:
> On 16 Dec, Richard Trice wrote:
> > Current config.
> >
> > Asus mb w/ 700mhz Athlon
> > 256mb ram
> > 13 gb / partition
> > 2 west. dig 80gb drives, software raided (hdparam -t /dev/md0 gives
> > 60MB/s writes)

duh! sent from the wrong account first. ;)

Richard-

Are the WD drives SCSI or IDE?

Anyone-

I'm wondering if I have something messed up on my box. I have Maxtor
7200RPM UDMA IDE 40G and 80G drives. I have a 40G RAID1 partition across
the two. hdparm -t /dev/md0 gives me typically about ~25-30 MB/sec
reads. I've tested this both using my Promise ATA133 Controller Card and
the onboard controllers (System: Asus w/ AMD XP2100, 256MB DDR, WinTV
GO).

Live TV with Myth isn't really usable for me. Large pauses every 5-10
seconds. I've cut the capture resolution to 480x240 and still have the
same problems. Nothing else is running at the time and the system load
is usually 2-3.

Any thoughts on where I can start to try and locate my bottleneck or
misconfiguration?

Thanks much,
Joe