[mythtv] compile/install problems

Brent Norris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
15 Dec 2002 20:51:58 -0600

> get to section 9.2 'running setup' - first off, I'm not sure whether
> there is supposed to be a /setup directory under
> /user/local/share/mythtv - the only /setup I can find is in the
> extracted source directory... when I run the setup there, I get:
> ./setup: error while loading shared libraries: libmyth-0.7.so.0: cannot

That is the setup that it is talking about.  Your problem is that you
didn't add /usr/local/lib to /etc/ld.so.conf and rerun ldconfig.  Try
that out and I think it should work for you.

> the compile of myth itself generates lots of warnings, and I'm not sure
> if they're normal or if the source of the problem. Most of the warnings
> are the following:
>
> cc1: warning: changing search order for system directory
> "/usr/local/include"
> cc1: warning:   as it has already been specified as a non-system
> directory

Yeah I think those are standard, though I am not sure why they are
generated, but they are for me as well.

--
Brent Norris <brent@linux.wku.edu>