[mythtv] [patch] two channel quick change

Mike Hicks mythtv-dev@snowman.net
15 Dec 2002 18:04:39 -0600

--=-muygBU2IDs/WtFZ348fO

On Sun, 2002-12-15 at 16:35, Matt Zimmerman wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 12:32:29AM -0800, Alex Krohn wrote:
>=20
> > Below is a quick change I made that you may find useful if you only hav=
> > channels from 0 - 99. Basically it's an option so that on the myth chan=
ges
> > channels immediately upon the second keypress rather then waiting 3 sec=
onds or
> > waiting for an enter key (so if you press 1 then 2 it changes immediate=
ly on
> > the 2). I also changed it so that if you press 1 and then don't press a=
nything,
> > it does not change the channel, but will fade away.
[snip]=20
> It seems like the right thing to do here is to make the behavior depend o=
> the available channels, rather than making it a configuration option.  It
> should wait for the Nth digit when the longest channel is N digits long.

You can do better than that, at least in certain cases.  North American
channels go into the 60s (I forget which one is the top).  I have a TV
that, when set to pick up broadcast channels, will go directly to
channels 7, 8, and 9 when you press those buttons, since there are no
channels 70-99 -- putting in a second digit would be pointless.

I think it's best to have an algorithm that will search through all of
the available channels (or just the channels you want to see), and go
directly to the channel if there aren't any others.  If you have a
channel 125 but nothing higher, for instance, you'll have to do '012' or
'12' and Enter to go to channel 12, but '13' will take you to channel
13.

--=20
 _  _  _  _ _  ___    _ _  _  ___ _ _  __   Why do we put suits in a
/ \/ \(_)| ' // ._\  / - \(_)/ ./| ' /(__   garment bag and garments in
[ Mike Hicks | http://umn.edu/~hick0088/ | mailto:hick0088@tc.umn.edu ]

--=-muygBU2IDs/WtFZ348fO

--=-muygBU2IDs/WtFZ348fO--