[mythtv] Success !! playback of mythtv videofiles accross 100 mbps network

Matt Zimmerman mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sun, 15 Dec 2002 02:05:12 -0500

On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 06:27:31AM +0000, Christopher Mind wrote:

> Actually it did work. But it doesnt anymore.  I get an error now connecting
> the the msyql server accross the network.  "mysql -h 192.168.1.252 -u
> mythtv" returns Error 2003: Cannot connect to mysql server on 192.168.1.252
> (111).  Dont know anything about mysql except that which I read on the
> internet posts.  If I add a -p to the above, it prompts me for the password
> and then displays the error.  Locally on the mythtv machine, i can connect
> to the database.  The network is working. I can ping and ip masquerade.
> Any ideas?

Error 111 is Connection refused.  If you're sure that mysql is running on
that system, it is likely that it isn't listening for network connections.
You may need to uncomment a 'skip-networking' in my.cnf.

--
 - mdz