[mythtv] problems with latest cvs

Larry Matter mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 09:48:09 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

After much success with 0.7, I decided to try the latest cvs today.  It
built fine with no compile errors (I'm using Mandrake 9).

I saw a comment somewhere that mythbackend defaults to "localhost" but
this does not appear to be correct; it seems to default to 192.168.1.101.
Since I was playing locally I assumed I could get away with not changeing
backend settings, but I was wrong.  mythbackend would segfault when I
tried to watch live tv; so one more for the faq - change the backend
settings no matter what.

Now live tv works, but the cpu utilization is *way* up.  I used to run
myth at about 40-50% cpu.  Now it is running at about 70%.  What are my
settings?  Dunno.  It seems that they are now in the database (which is
good) but I can't get to them from the settings module.  I can get into
General settings, but there are no buttons on the bottom for "Finish" or
"Cancel" like there are for other screens so I can't save any changes
there.

So I guess I can change them with SQL?  That's fine for now - if someone
could tell me which tables/columns need to be updated that would save me
some time reverse engineering.

Thanks
Larry