[mythtv] Is there a magic resolution for recording ?

Henk Poley mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 10:25:22 +0100

> Van: Christopher Mind <sanandres1160@hotmail.com>
>
> I am trying to tweak mythtv for my P3 1 Ghz machine.  I am using MPEG4
> as RTjpeg quality was poor on my system.

This is also a wierd thing, some people report MPEG4 is poor, others say it
about RTjpeg...  Hmm, I guess that it's something in the particular
compression scheme that will look bad to some people, but not others.

> I have [..]

All looks great, but this 'normal' figures (quantity) don't really matter
that much to MythTV.

Possible trouble makers:

> 700 plus MB memory,
 - What speed/CL?
> an ATI TV wonder PCI card
 - Driver?
> 100 Gig Hd
 - DMA ? <sigh>
> Nvidia Geforce Ti200 with TV out
 - Using nVidia drivers?

Don't think these are relevant:

> Turtle Beach Santa Cruz
> running Linux Mandrake 9 via TV out with a resolution of 640x480.
> Also using WindowMaker (which seems to work best the irxevent which
> gets confused with KDE) and Creative Infra Remote.

btw, which version of MythTV are you running?

	Henk Poley <><