[mythtv] Is it possible to install mythtv to a PC without a TV card and use as a "client"

Christopher Mind mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Sat, 14 Dec 2002 02:39:37 +0000

I have done this with Windows XP recording via ATI TV Wonder Multimedia
Center, I was able to connect to it with LInux running Xine and playing an
Mpeg file saved on the same HD that ATI TV Wonder is recording to.  This was
my PVR system before MythTV.  I accomplished the playback on the client
machine without any frame drops on the Windows XP machine.  MyThTV doesnt
have to encode decode If I can use the client PC to decode