[mythtv] performance

Calvin Harrigan mythtv-dev@snowman.net
13 Dec 2002 21:07:54 -0500

On Fri, 2002-12-13 at 19:44, Chuck Ferring wrote:
> Does anyone have a hard drive recommendation? What kind of performance
> do people get with whatever brand/model they're using?

<snip>

I recommend a seagate barracude IV with the fluid bearings.
TYey are fairly fast (I get 38-40 MB/S) and extremely quiet.
According to specs 2.4 db, idle 3.3 seek.

I bought recently it's been working as advertised.
You can pick up one at best buy (80GB) and get a $40 rebate this week.

Calvin...