[mythtv] Another newbie/hardware question...

Kipling Morris mythtv-dev@snowman.net
Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:06:24 -0500

I got the SS51G (note the SS, not SB) and am having trouble with the on
board sound and ALSA. Its the SS51G that has the ACL 650 sound. The SB
has an Intel chipset which is probably closer to a real i810 than the
SiS chipset of the SS. I'm assuming the original author got the Shuttle
models confused. He may want to consider the SB51G over the SS51G..

I also had problems with the onboard Realtek 8139C ethernet running
kernel 2.4.20 in IO-ACPI mode. If you turn off ACPI, it seems to work
ok.

Otherwise the shuttle is a really cool little box.

-matthew

I am also considering purchasing either the SS51G or the SB51G.  Are you
using the add-in TV out card?
	-Kipling