[mythtv] hdparm

Michael Kedl mythtv-dev@snowman.net
13 Dec 2002 14:59:19 -0000

I had the exact error on my new laptop and it turned out to be a conflict
with interrupt sharing.  This was with RH 7.3 as well.

If you don't see the message he mentioned, look for other errors about
interrupts not being assigned.  To get 7.3 to work with DMA on my machine
I had hack the kernel and force it to use the right interrupt for the IDE.

RH 8.0 seems to work fine.

Good luck,
Mike